Warning: The pictures below are a little hard to look at.
Tyler has REALLY bad baby acne. We think that one of them got infected. Two weeks ago, he started getting lots of little sores with honey colored scabs, especially on his right ear. It looked so bad, but we just assumed it was the baby acne. Each day it got worse and worse spreading across most all his right cheek until a week ago when he woke up his face by his right ear was swollen and oozing. It looked so horrible that I couldn't let it go any longer. I called the doctor and made them work me in immediately. As soon as the doctor saw him he said, "That's impetigo." Impetigo is a staff infection of the skin. Luckily it's easily treatable. Tyler got put on oral meds and face cream and luckily a week later he's looking wonderful.
I had a mole that had turned black so I finally made an appointment to get it removed. It seemed to go well until the next day when around the bandaid my skin started turning red and feeling hard and lumpy. I have VERY sensitive skin so I didn't think too much about it, but the red circle continued to grow, itched super bad, blisters appeared all over and hurt like crazy whenever I stood up. So the next day I couldn't take it any longer and I returned to my dermatologist to show him. Apparently he had put polysporin on the wound site. I am allergic to neosporin and I guess polysporin too. This was a severe allergic reaction. He gave me some cream and luckily once again it stopped hurting within a day or two. The blisters have gone away but it still looks horrible and red. My skin is so sensitive and dumb that hopefully it will be healed before I go back to school in a month but I wouldn't be surprised if it was still around!
It was definitely a bad week for skin in the Day family!
Unfortunately I didn't take a picture of his skin at its worst, but you can see the oozing and sores on his face. This was about two days after we started treating him.
He looks so much better now! I love my little guy!
My leg--Yuck!
No comments:
Post a Comment