Over the past four years since I've had kids, Mother's Day has been pretty uneventful because my girls were so little. Kenny did his normal things, which are nice, but I was so excited for the day when my kids were old enough to do something for me. Well, it came this year. Emily was so excited to make something for me and kept telling Kenny all the things she wanted to do and then would say, "Shh, Mom don't listen, it's a secret." This morning when she woke up and came in to our room she said, "Happy Mother's Day" and then proceeded to go downstairs and start making my cards. She spent quite a while on them and kept saying, "Mom, no peeking. I'm not done yet." Finally, (I don't know who was more excited, her or me) she folded them in half and with Daddy's help yelled, "Happy Mother's Day" and presented me with the paper. I was so happy to get something simple yet wonderful from my sweet four year old for Mother's Day. This has been my best one yet and hopefully just a taste of what is yet to come!
Not bad for a four year old--by the way, the duck looking thing at the bottom is supposed to be a heart, so cute!
She drew a picture of Ashley and Emily for me too


No comments:
Post a Comment