Saturday, January 7, 2012

Christmas Eve

For Christmas eve we went over to my sister, Vickie's house and had Christmas eve dinner of ham and scalloped potatoes.  Yum!  Then we came back to my house and had brownie sundaes for dessert.  Super yum!  We played some games together then each went to our own houses so we could do our own family traditions.

 Playing a family favorite, Cranium while the little kids enjoyed the Wii
 We did the nativity with a real life baby boy to put in the manger (even though I'm sure the baby Jesus didn't have a pacifier :-) ).  This was the first year that I didn't try to record it and it was wonderful because I could participate and just enjoy the moment.
 My beautiful participants

 Emily was very delighted to be the angel

 Kenny was the donkey and Joseph


 After the nativity and talking about the true meaning of Christmas, we unwrapped our traditional jammies.  We have also started the tradition of opening up a family movie and watching that on Christmas Eve too.  Tonight it was The Polar Express which was the Perfect movie!!  And our theater was finished this year so it was an extra bonus to get to watch the movie in there!

 My beautiful kiddos

 After the movie we left our treats for Santa and his reindeer--Emily insisted on 9 carrots so none of the reindeer would be left out. :-)  Then it was time for bed.  I love Christmas Eve!!  I love the warm feeling and the anticipation that's in the air.  Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

  1. What great family Christmas traditions!
    Love, Uncle Walt & Aunt Eileen - San Salvador

    ReplyDelete