Christmas Day finally arrived!! The girls were so excited, but still slept til their normal time! Yes! One funny story about Christmas morning is Emily got up at 2 in the morning, snuck downstairs and peeked at her stocking and presents. (We need to put up the wrapping paper in her doorway and block her in like many people do!) She then came in and told me everything...at 2 o'clock in the morning! She said, "Santa came! My stocking is really full and so is Ashley's. Mom, your stocking is not very full. :-) We got presents too! Tyler got a little dinosaur, and so on and so on."
I finally said, "That's great, Em, but it's not time to get up yet, go back to sleep."
She replied, "Okay, mom," and left. As I was going back to sleep, I noticed that her light was still on so I went in her room. She was getting DRESSED.....at 2 o'clock in the morning!
I said, "Emily, what are you doing, it's bedtime!"
She said, "I know, I'm just getting dressed so when I wake up in the morning, I'll be ready." That is why she is dressed in all the pictures. :-)
When I got back to my bed, Kenny was awake enough to say, "Did you get anything for your stocking, cuz I totally forgot." Hence the, "Your stocking isn't very full mom," comment from Emily. Hey, at least he got me some presents, so I'm fine. :-)
Holding Santa presents
Seeing their stocking loot, and boy was it a loot this year!!
Tyler was content laying by Daddy
Tyler with his Santa presents; his favorite gift was the Rex Dinosaur and a little hammer thing that makes noises. Other than that, he just enjoyed being held by mom.
It was a Zhu Zhu year for my girls. They each got a Zhu Zhu (or two) and a little obstacle course to put them on.
Ashley loved her Rapunzel
Santa came through for Emily. She had been asking for a Barbie Merliah doll that can swim by herself for ages and she finally got one for Christmas! She was one happy girl. She was so excited by the doll that she smuggled it to church that day too to play with. :-)
The most special present of the day was a present that Emily made for Kenny. He LOVES Star Wars so Emily made him a pop up book entitled Star Wars Laser Fight about Luke and Darth Vader fighting for a golden laser. Not only was it cute, but Kenny was VERY touched by it and will treasure it forever. Quite the wonderful little moment!
Looking at all our presents
Excited for her Zhu Zhu
We opened all our presents, had our wonderful Belgian Waffle breakfast, then got ready and went to church. I loved having church on Christmas because that's what the day is all about. It was very nice and spiritual. We then went to Kenny's house and had Christmas dinner and opened up more presents. It was such a nice Christmas day and it was wonderful to get to have Tyler in our lives for this Christmas. I am so grateful for my many blessings and for the love of our Heavenly Father and our Savior, the reason for the season! Merry Christmas, one and all!
No comments:
Post a Comment