Saturday, January 29, 2011

Christmas 2010

Christmas was low key this year, because we had told the girls that their Christmas was mainly Disneyland, which was true. Santa still had to come though, but some of the other families had already done Christmas at their house so we had to try to keep everything very low key. Santa was kind and put the girls presents in their room. They opened those then we had our traditional Christmas breakfast--belgian waffles with all the trimmings--YUM!!
With the whole family there, we had each gotten names of members of other families to give to, so after breakfast we opened up presents and my Dad opened up all of his. It was really nice to just be all together.
Then we relaxed, helped with Christmas dinner, cleaned up, relaxed some more, and then that night went down to the hot tub. I had fun watching the kids play with Daddy and snapping pictures. It was a great low key Christmas, but really great to be with my whole family!
Ash and Em with their Santa presents and their note from Santa

Their presents from Santa; they weren't happy at all to get them :)
Ashley opening up her pretty dress from Aunt Melissa and Uncle Scott; it was priceless though--as soon as Ashley opened up the dress Emily whispered to me, "We'll have wear this modest." I told her, "You're right, Em! Good job!" Way to be listening to our teachings, Em!! I love you!
Ashley posing with her cousin, Elise, that she and Emily met for the first time this trip
There's something about this picture that I just totally adore. I love this little Ashley so much!!!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing your fun Christmas with you Dad and family.
    Love, Uncle Walt & Aunt Eileen

    ReplyDelete