Saturday, August 21, 2010

Tooth #2

Right after Em lost tooth #1, the tooth right next to it got loose. This time her adult tooth was already coming in. The night it came out I wiggled it, she pulled away and my fingernail caught on it and pushed it forward and it started to bleed. So started the dramatics! After about 10 minutes I calmed her down and she was ready to go up to bed. Little did we know that she went up to the bathroom and bravely wiggled and pulled until she pulled it out herself (she even handled the blood okay!) We were so proud of her for being brave.
She then wanted to write a note to the tooth fairy (see picture below) and then finally (way after her bedtime by now) went to bed. The tooth fairy was more reasonable this time with the amount of money that was brought. At this rate, it looks like Emily will truly be singing "All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth" in a few months.
Emily's tooth right before it came out

Emily's cute note: She sounded out most of the words herself. In case you can't read it, it says: I luv my tooth but i know you have to take it. Love, Emily
She had to draw the tooth fairy also on the back of her note. P.S. The tooth fairy wrote back and told her how lovely her note was and gave her an A+ :-)

1 comment: