Last week Emily came up to me and asked if she could do a lemonade stand. Being the protective mother that I am, I said no. So Emily went to her dad and asked. :) He said yes. He then proceeds to not only make lemonade, but put candy and otter pops available to sell too. Confession time: I kinda hoped that Emily wouldn't sell much so she wouldn't want to do it again. (Awful, I know!!) But, she did awesome! It was slow for the first few minutes and she made a jingle to say to get people there. (That's the video below) Then the neighborhood kids starting showing up and bought a whole bunch. We ran out of lemonade, candy, and we only had 1 otter pop left. She was very excited and made $3.57. Not bad for being out there only a 1/2 hour.
This also let us teach her again about tithing and she paid her 10% of her tooth fairy money and her lemonade stand money for tithing the next day at church. She was very excited to pay tithing for the first time and fill out the slip. Overall it was a very fun experience and protective mom or not, I'd let her do it again.
Sarah, she is soo adorable! I wish I would have seen her out and I would have bought some.
ReplyDeleteBen keeps begging to do one and I keep brushing him off. I'd better not let him see this post.
ReplyDelete