Tuesday, February 24, 2015

My Dad's Funeral

Planning my dad's funeral was surreal.  Fortunately, my mom and sister did a lot of it.  The actual day was so inspiring.  The funeral was so wonderful and heartfelt.  We all pulled together and did my dad proud.  We know he was there smiling and crying right a long with us.  We love you so much dad!!!  I am so devastated that you are gone, but I know you live on and I will see you again someday.  Until we meet again dad...until we meet again!

 My whole family at my dad's house on the day before my dad passed away

























 The kids were trying to accept all that was going on by pretending to die and then come back to life.  We all wish my dad could do that.  Someday...someday

After the funeral we went and had a very nice luncheon where all his siblings came and we told stories about Donnie/Grandpa/Dad


We ended the night doing my dad's (and mine) favorite thing to do when we got together...playing pinochle.  Wonderful end to a very hard but uplifting day

A cute picture of our two Tylers :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment