Sunday, August 21, 2011

Feeling Helpless

I think all parents will agree with me when I say that when your child is sick it's so hard feeling helpless. We try our best to give them medicine or enough liquids, but our little baby's (whether they're 3 months or 3 years) body has to work it all out and we as the parents just feel helpless and play the waiting game. We can't take the pain away, we can't take the diarrhea and throwing up away, we can only love and give snuggles and rubs. My little Ash has been sick since Friday. We don't know why or how; we just know she's sick and needs love and attention. Hope she gets better soon, but in the meantime I'll try to be patient and enjoy my snuggles!
I went down to check on Tyler this morning and came back upstairs to find this; Ash had fallen asleep right by our door to our room. Poor thing, but at least she's sleeping! :-)

1 comment:

  1. Kind of makes me think of our Savior. He watches us struggle, make mistakes and sometimes vomit. He can't take the pain away but can help us by providing love and snuggles via family and friends. Poor Ash. Can I bring her a brownie - that would make it all better, right?!?!

    ReplyDelete