Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Fun Run

Our school does a fun run and field day every year during the last week of school. This was Emily's first year doing the fun run and I didn't know how she compared to all the other girls so we just told her to try her best. Well, I guess she's pretty fast and races the fastest boy all the time during recess (we didn't know this until later). So the race starts and she's in 2nd place the whole way until the very end when she pooped out and stopped. She still ended up 6th place which was awesome! After the race she found out that a medal was involved and was a little disappointed that she stopped, but the great thing is she tried hard and there's always next year! :-) I don't care if she ever wins or gets a medal, I just want her to try her best and have a good attitude.

Smilin' for the camera getting ready for the race to start
Starting the race; her great teacher, Mrs. Herman, ran with them too
Still in 2nd place, right before she pooped out :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment