When Ashley was born, I had a strong feeling that there was a little boy there too saying, "I'm next." I've never had anything like that happen before so it was really neat and tender. I think that's what made this pregnancy trying the hardest, because I felt like I really knew there was supposed to be this little boy that was supposed to come, yet for some reason we couldn't get him here.
It was really heartbreaking and I didn't know what to think except, "keep trying." When we were finally successful I was very excited but as always very carefully optimistic. I always think that something bad is going to happen so I just thank my Heavenly Father each step along the way when things look good.
Now the reality sets in though of, "we're really having a boy." I don't have any idea what to do with a boy! I think he'll bring new and exciting things to our family, but, boy, it will change!! Kenny is still in a state of shock, but little by little is warming up to the idea of having a boy. I am definitely getting a lot of advice, some helpful and some that, quite honestly, scares the crap out of me!
And so I continue on this pregnancy journey, extremely grateful that at 32 weeks it's so far so good. For now I'm enjoying all (well, mostly) his kicks, rolls, and hiccups, knowing that our lives will change forever again in about 8 weeks. Now if we could just think of a name for this little guy! :-)
The obligatory pregnancy picture: Me at 31 weeks pregnant
I have a friend who just had a boy after 2 girls and she just raves about how much fun it is to shop for blue instead of pink and all the other wonderful things about little boys.
ReplyDeleteWow - you look fabulous Sarah! And still teaching - you are amazing!
ReplyDeleteI had that same experience after my second daughter I felt this little boy saying what about me mom. I have loved having a boy. He is so sweet and I love it. You do look great and I am so happy for you.
ReplyDeleteThanks everyone!! It will be a new experience, but as long as he's healthy, that's all that matters!
ReplyDeleteIt will be fun for Emily and Ashley to have a brother, and nice for him to have these two sweet sisters. And nice for you both to have a son.
ReplyDeleteLove, Uncle Walt & Aunt Eileen
What a boy?! I just assumed it was a girl because you didn't post about it. What a sweet story. Thank you for sharing it. I am so excited for you and your family! You must be getting to that exhausted part of the pregnancy! When are you going to stop teaching? Will you come back and teah before the end of the school year? Congratulations!
ReplyDeleteKatie,
ReplyDeleteI know a boy!! I feel bad that I kept forgetting to post it. I am excited but nervous at the thought of three kids and a boy! I'm feeling good, but sleeping is becoming harder. I'm due the 17th and plan to teach up until I have the baby. I'll take the rest of the school year off (2 1/2 weeks) and come back for the last day (it's only 1 1/2 hours if you remember) then I'll have the whole summer. Hopefully things continue to go well!
Thank you everyone for your kind comments.