Sundays used to be stressful for me, but lately I have LOVED them. We have 9:00 church so when we get home we have lots of time to still spend with our girls. We have started making Sundays full of "quiet Sunday activities". In other words, fun peaceful things we can do as a family. We watch a lot of Living Scriptures movies, which the girls LOVE and Kenny and I do too. We play board games together, do "homework" (learn letters, numbers, etc) and just relax together. The girls don't seem to fight as much and I love the feeling in our house. It's great!
A couple weeks ago on Sunday was Valentine's Day. We don't do big things for our girls; usually just some candy. This year I thought it would be fun for Emily to go to the Dollar Store and pick out a few presents for Ashley (and a couple for her too :-) ). She chose well and got so excited picking something out for her sister. She found puzzles for both Ashley and herself. Then on Valentine's Day, Ashley opened up the puzzle (Mickey Mouse Clubhouse) and Emily helped her put it together. It was really cute, but for some reason I did not take a picture. Oops! The puzzle Emily found was 170 pieces and when we opened up the box, the pieces were TEENY, but Emily did so great and she and her dad worked on it so well together and had a great time! We've put the puzzle together many times since then too. It was a fabulous Sunday! One of many lately, and I just hope they continue!
Just getting started--see how small the pieces are
Making great progress!
The finished product; what fun it was!
No comments:
Post a Comment