As some of you know, my dad lives in the San Diego area, so we don't get to see him as much as we would like. That is part of the reason that we go to Disneyland so much, so we can spend a few days with him while on the trip. Also, the last four years we've gone down to the Vegas Bowl and my dad would come up too and we'd get to see him then, but this year I was still in school on the day of the Vegas Bowl so we didn't get to go. :-( So my dad decided to come up for a post-Christmas visit, which we loved!! My girls love their Grandpa R and couldn't get enough of him while he was here. Ashley even wanted Grandpa to do things and not me for once (which in a soon to be post, you'll understand even more). We had a lot of fun just playing cards, playing games, talking, going tubing (more on this later too), going out to eat and for ice cream and just relaxing together. Too soon it was time for him to go back. Emily asked, "Can Grandpa become part of our family and live here all the time?" She didn't want to see him go! We love you Grandpa R!
Playing a Robertson tradition: Pinochle!!
Em coloring with Grandpa--what a good sport he was!
Ashley loving to sit by Grandpa at dinner
I'll bet you get told a lot that you look like your dad. That's how my kids are when Grandma Sharon comes to visit. But then they go through what we like to call "Grandma withdrawals" and they are very grumpy.
ReplyDeleteSarah --I'm glad you commented on our blog, so I could find your blog... your daughters are beautiful and it is so fun to keep in touch this way! I'll be blog-stalking you from now on :). --Ipo
ReplyDelete