Saturday, January 16, 2010

Momma's Girl

To say that Ashley is a Momma's girl would be an understatement. She is so attached to me. I have to do EVERYTHING for her. Changer her diapers, get her ready, put on shoes, help her eat, put her in her carseat, get her down from a chair, walk with her upstairs, etc, etc. She won't let Kenny do ANY of this!! Her classic line is, "No, Mommy do it!! Mommy do it!!" I know many of you might be saying, I do all that with my kids, but with Kenny and me, we share all the child duties, so it can be difficult for both of us. Emily never did this, so it's a new experience.
Kenny is the bath giver and lately he can't even put her into the tub. I have to come in, put her into the tub and then she'll allow him to give her a bath. One of the only things she allows him to do. Most of the time I love her being so close to me, but sometimes it's a big pain. I'm sure that in a few years, I'll look back and wish I could have this time back with her, so I'll try to enjoy it while it's here! :) The videos I'm posting show the classic example of how she reacts when I'm not around and she has to be with Daddy.
I had been with Ashley the whole time while we were tubing, then Emily wanted me to go with her once, so I went. Apparently this is what Ashley did the whole time I was gone. Poor girl!
This is when I had come down the hill tubing and was making my way over to her. She definitely has a great pair of lungs!! The people around us in church know this too, unfortunately! :)

1 comment: